Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September Begins.......

Spent part of the morning harvesting the garden.

Picked the last of the cucumbers.

Gave some of these to the neighbours as I don't want them to go to waste. I still have more than enough to keep the two of us happy.

Then moved on to the next plant. The dreaded zucchini! I picked what was left and had Harvey cut it down.

How that huge two foot one hid on me I will never know. Guess I have some shredding to do tomorrow. Thank goodness for the food processor. It cuts shredding time considerably.

The tomato patch was next.

Almost half of these have been processed already and reside in the freezer downstairs. The rest have to ripen a bit more. But lord love me there are plenty more where these came from.

I decided since I was already itchy from picking that I would tackle the eggplants as well.

For some reason my eggplants are not getting very large this year. But I can see a change in the menu for this week already. I will more than likely be making moussaka again shortly.

As I was picking I glanced at the carrots and I think Harvey could begin picking those as well. Might have to get a few more freezer bags.

I might (okay will be) be pretty busy for awhile. Oh well, veggies to last us over the winter is a very good thing for our health and the budget.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




1 comment:

  1. You seem to have had a very good harvest this year. My tomatoes are still mostly green and ripening here believe it or not. I'm hoping the weather holds until they turn red. I grow the small cucumbers like yours too.

    You should be well stocked this winter at least.

    ReplyDelete