Monday, December 29, 2014

Another Year Older

Today we have been under a weather advisory. The wind chill has been extreme and will continue that way for another day.

So, as luck would have it I celebrated my birthday on what turned out to be the coldest day of the year!!! Not really that much of a problem as we usually do not go out to celebrate. I make a meal that is simple to prepare and we stay hunkered down. Being so close to Christmas (and our anniversary next month) money used to be tight and one of the boys was always up for making me a birthday cake.

Now that the boys are living away from home and working I don't get a cake as often, which really is not a bad thing. So imagine my surprise when Harvey announced he had baked me a cake!! He then proceeded to put a cake he had ran out to buy me on this cold day.

Carrot cake, one of my favorites! It even had Cream Cheese Frosting. Mind you it is so huge we will be eating on this for a very long time.

Do I feel older? Nope, after all age is just a number and though I am getting closer to 60 with each year that passes I really don't feel that old.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday Wishes Jackie. I'm pleased you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete