Thursday, December 18, 2014

Where Oh Where Did Yesterday Go?

Where did yesterday disappear to? By the time I looked up last night it was too late for me to make a post (okay I was just exhausted and needed my bed).

Part of the problem with the disappearing day was Harvey installing a new thermostat. You know, one of the programmable type. The ones that are supposed to save us oodles (so a bit of an exaggeration there, save us some) money with its use. Hmmm, first it seemed to run steady, then we couldn't get it to switch on at all. Once we did in fact get it running correctly (hopefully correctly) things seemed to improve greatly, it shut off and on the furnace and kept the house warm.

Well after supper I finished off my hooded cowl (finally made myself one, in a bright red, picture tomorrow) and started to wind a ball of alpaca yarn I bought from the Farmer's Market a few weeks ago. Of course I made a mess of said winding and ended up sitting on the floor slowly untangling said yarn. At least I got to watch Survivor while doing so.....All 3 hours of it, that is how tangled the yarn became. So I didn't notice something very strange. The house was cooling down rapidly. I guess they sell these programmable thermostats pre-programmed and said program had kicked in. Hubby rapidly changed that. I did however worry that I would arise this morning to a very cold house. Didn't happen and as Martha Stewart says "That is a very good thing."

In keeping with the give something away every day in Advent I need to show all my readers what I gave yesterday and today.

Cleaning out the top cupboard in my kitchen I found these two lovelies which will now hopefully find a new home where they will be appreciated.
This little Christmas spread bowl. I really do not remember the last time I used it.

This small Halloween candy dish that I have had since Kurt and Kris were very young. I haven't used this item in years. I was keeping it as a memento of when the boys were small. I have memories and pictures so this will hopefully decorate someone's home next Halloween.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. When you get it programmed the way you want, you will wonder how you managed without it. I love waking up to a warm house after having the temp down at night.

    ReplyDelete