Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

This Sunday marks the Second Sunday in Advent. The readings were all about preparing...preparing for the first coming of Christ and preparing for his next coming.

In the rush to get ready for Christmas, all the decorating, baking and shopping I sometimes forget that what this is all leading up to is the birth of a baby. A baby born to die for us all to save us.

This year I am spending more time thinking of this and wondering if I am preparing properly for His coming. I decided that I was going to give something away every day this Advent season, much like the UK bloggers are. There aren't as many places to give things away here, but I am going to try and vary things as much as possible.

So far I have given to the Salvation Army here in Estevan a cup cake display, a tray that a person puts pictures in, a mail tray, a hang up mail sorter, a lovely kit to make marble coasters, a box of exercise cards along with an elastic band to do them with, and a Christmas turntable. I am hoping that the Salvation Army can make a bit on these items to help fund their various projects.

I am think I will take some books to the hospital so that they can add them to their library as my next preparation. They always seem to need reading material for their residents....

I have also started my prayer time again everyday. This has fallen by the wayside lately and I can feel the difference in my life. I need that personal relationship and talk with God and our saviour Christ the Lord.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I pray every day but I often rush through them. I need to slow down when I talk with God.

    I am trying to donate more this holiday season, too.

    The wooden crèche I one of your earlier posts is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete