Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Greening of the Old Homestead and Other Happenings

Each year I try and overwinter more of my plants. This year it has not been a total success. I brought in two of the larger plants that proceeded to die. Sad really as one of them I have managed to overwinter for two years.

However I did have some success with some of the vines.

I have 5 of these started and hopefully by the end of winter I will have another 3 or 4. Doing the cutting and rooting of older plants manages to save me quite a bit in the spring. I also get a really good start on bedding plants for my deck and hanging baskets. Above all though this helps me remember how wonderful it is to sit on the deck enjoying all the colour of a beautiful spring or summer day.

I also started something else today.

Monthly calendars for next year. I am going to try and make my own daily planner..... Should be interesting to say the least, but hopefully something I will not have to add to the landfill every year. Not saying that it will cost less, but it just could be something that I can add pages to when I realize they are necessary. This is my start, next will be the daily to do lists........





Just a few goals for this month

1.  Continue with any unfinished projects.

2.  Get my Christmas Cards out within a couple of weeks.

3. Work on my own Daily Planner.

4.  Try for 18 no spend days this month (it will be very tough, but doable I hope).

Short list for a very, very, busy month.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment