Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My Version of The Sealed Pot

A friend of mine mentioned the sealed pot challenge she was taking part in a few years ago. As you may have guessed my friend lives in the UK and since I had no idea what so ever about a sealed pot, I decided to do a bit of research into this challenge....

Well it slipped my mind for the first year that my friend mentioned it, but then she was doing the same challenge the next year!! This time I got off my butt and did the research, which consisted mainly of reading UK frugal blogs....

I decided at the beginning of this year to give it a bit of a go. We had always saved our pocket change, but this time I added two other coins to the pot. Our Canadian one and two dollar coins, after all they are change as well. I do most of the coin saving as Harvey usually uses his spare change to pay for car and truck washes. No biggie as sometimes there is enough leftover to add to the collection.

So here is my version of the Sealed Pot.

Each coin has its own jar. It makes it much easier to count and roll when the jars get full. I notice the dimes are not moving up as quickly as the other two coins.

And this container holds the 1 and 2 dollar coins.

Perhaps you will also notice that none of these containers are really sealed.... I was worried that I would break any container that wasn't easy to add to, or to count when the time came.

I still need to count this all up but I do know I have $160.00 in the bucket.... I have a feeling that there will be close to $260.00 once I add everything up.

Am I going to do this again next year? You bet I am. It is a very easy way to save a bit of cash, and everyone could use some extra savings.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. My best friend gave me a BEAUTIFULLY sealed pot a few years ago. It only has a few coins in it because I can't imagine breaking it to get to the coins, although the little booklet tells you how to break it for the least damage, Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jackie, you've put a lot of money aside this year. I need to try a bit harder with my sealed pot this year, but it is always a bonus to count it up at the end of the year. Any savings are better than none.

    ReplyDelete