Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Nasty Tuesday

The weather is miserable today. Cold, misty, and the wind is howling. If this was winter and we had any snow at all it would be a major blizzard!

The wind is whipping the trees back and forth and our deck is covered with small branches and leaves.

I did manage to get out early in the morning and pick some herbs to dehydrate. I should have enough dried parsley to fill my container now, and another pick should see enough sage and mint done.

Harvey did another picking of beans yesterday evening and so today I blanched and froze another 15 bags for winter.

The rest of the day was a very lazy one. Really with the weather like this it is best in my opinion just to curl up with a good book, which I did for most of the afternoon. I finished one novel and started another one which I am having trouble getting involved in. Hope the action picks up in it very soon.

Tonight I am working on my embroidery project and enjoying a mug of hot chocolate. The perfect ending to a quiet day.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment