Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday Tid Bits

I am not sleeping very well, due to stress. It is also causing me not to want to eat. Good for losing weight, but not for health!!! Hopefully tonight will see a change.

Yesterday we were in the big city for a doctor's appointment. Harvey had a consultation with a plastic surgeon about the rather large growth on his head.

This will be operated on shortly (we hope), but not just before we leave on our little get away to Jasper during September.

I made a lovely main dish salad on Tuesday and I am going to share the recipe with all of you. It's a real good way to use up some of that leftover roast beef. If you are lucky enough to have any left over that is.

Beef Salad

2 cups beef cut in strips
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 tomato cut in bite sized pieces (I used the leftover small tomato assortment I had)
2 sliced green onions

1 tbsp salad oil (I used olive oil)
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar (you can leave this out if you want)
1 tsp prepared mustard (I tried honey dijon this time)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Lettuce

Combine beef with celery, tomatoes, and green onions.
Mix oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Add mustard, salt and pepper. Stir. Add to the beef mixture. Toss to coat.

Serve on shredded lettuce.

I usually make a double batch of the dressing as I like everything to be well coated. I also use iceberg lettuce, but this time I used the leaf lettuce from our garden. Mmmmm, good.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're not sleeping well. It's horrible when there are things on your mind that stop you getting the sleep you need. I hope it improves for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for reduced stress and better sleep for you! Your recipe sounds YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, stress...it robs us of sleep, health and desire to do much of anything. I am hoping your stress will just "go away"..."get out of here"...
    If I miss sleep, I am good for nothing !!
    Hoping things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete