Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

Today at Mass we learned that we are made to feel joy, and to share that God given joy with others. Lately I have been so wrapped up in a situation that I haven't felt much joy. Worry, yes, joy no. The homily opened my eyes to the knowledge that God doesn't want us to worry overmuch, instead he wants us to be happy. He never gives us more than we can carry. I need to remember this and hold it in my heart.

Today and yesterday were busy ones in the garden. Seems as if once those fresh vegetables start to come in it is a never ending chore to pick and process everything.

Yesterday I picked some of the kohlrabi.

These two plus one more were peeled, sliced, boiled and served with a lovely cheese sauce for supper last night. They had gotten a bit large and so were slightly woody in some places. I will need to get out a pick a few more tomorrow. Both Harvey and I prefer them smaller, when they are much tenderer.

Today after Mass and a brunch made by Harvey we spend an hour or so picking green beans.

A rather full pail of about 2 1/2 gallons.

Some fresh beans for supper and then the rest were processed for the freezer.

Enough for 12 meals this winter. I also took a bag of the fresh beans to a friend who loves green beans.

Does this mean the beans are finished? Not by a long shot. Harvey figures another big pick and then a couple of smaller ones. They are still flowering!!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. I love kohl rabi. I used to grow it a lot. Must do so again.

    ReplyDelete