Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Midweek

 


After all the snow we got on the weekend, the sun and rising temperatures have more or less made it disappear. In saying that however, the forecast for tonight and tomorrow is snow. And then a couple of days next week the same thing is supposed to happen. Pretty sure the snow is coming tonight as the sun has disappeared and the sky is very dark. 

I did get out for a walk which seems to have helped my back a bit. There is still a bit of pain, but nothing I can't handle.

Today I went through the fridge freezer and changed a few menus for the remaining days this month, just to use up a few more bits and bobs that have been in there for awhile. I think I will be doing so even into next month a little bit. Things are getting used up even if it is just going to be used in sandwiches. In fact I pulled out a bag that only has two slices of roast beef and Harvey can have those as his sandwich meat. There is also a bag of small cooked chicken pieces that I will make chicken salad out of when we get back from Kris's. 

Went for a walk yesterday and today, man am I out of shape. I will be glad when I can get out every day and enjoy the fresh air.




It was grocery list day today, so I pulled up the online flyers and started writing things down. I will even be able to get a few things to restock the pantry. Pretty much all is reasonably priced and I am refusing to purchase sandwich meat as that is not on sale. Our No Frills store had nothing on sale that we needed or wanted. The Co-op has a really great sale on ground meat at a price I probably haven't seen in many a month. I hope to stock up on that for sure. Summer BBQ season is coming and I see lots of burgers in our future, or Taco Salad.

Fuel prices have risen and I am so glad that we never really go any place other than our own city (well this month we go to the city for my cancer checkup and to visit Kris). My last purchase of gas was the end of January and here we are in the middle of March. Shopping only every second week is really saving us the cost of fuel. Makes having to fill more often when we go on a trip kind of shocking.

Slowly but surely finding ways to cut our bills bit by bit. This is actually fun and keeps me on my toes. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



6 comments:

  1. i think it is fun getting all creative with the things we find in the frig and freezer. New dining sensations! You are doing great.
    I am with you - I need to be outside all the time - need exercise badly.
    Stay safe. Snow has to stop one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am out of shape too Jackie - I have let my walking & my exercise get really slack while I am busy with other things. I hope you can get out every day soon when the weather improves. Our petrol prices over here are enormous too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your back is improving and you are getting out for your walk. Out of shape? ha ha me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We rarely buy sandwich meat and if we do it might be a package of bologna. Can't hazard a guess as to how much it might be these days. Like you, we don't travel far which helps to keep the fuel costs down. DH has sciatic issues so car trips are uncomfortable for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to use up those bits and bobs in the fridge and freezer. I have to do the same thing. I was going to make dirty rice for dinner, but I also have fish we need to use too. Decisions, decisions. I hope your back is feeling better. I do like it when the snow melts, I'm sure we are done with that for this year, but I know you're not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many nuts in the freezer. HOw do I use nuts?

    ReplyDelete