Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursdays

 Thrifty and Frugal 


It's been a cloudy day again, the sun is just starting to peek out from between the clouds. Of course too late for me to work on my stitching. 

It has been a nice thrifty and frugal week here on the old Phillips homestead.

I made bread crumbs from some of the bits and bobs of old dried bread pieces I had.

From the remains of the last dry, stale loaf (this happens way to much with homemade bread) I made garlic flavoured croutons.

Free exercise this week while the sun shone as I had a couple of longer walks.

Our gas bill was lower this month as was our electric bill and the phone bill (phone bill was because I got a $50.00 credit for doing our internet contract online). 

The bills will all be paid tomorrow online saving stamps or the gas I would use running around.

I baked a new loaf of bread.

Used the leftover rice to make rice pudding.

Rummaged through the fridge freezer and replanned meals for the upcoming weeks to use things up in there.

I have been reading free books on my ereader. Some have been very good, the one I am reading now is a bit confusing.

Did a bit of decluttering as well. 

I am also reading a few pages every day in my Simpler Living book which I will share with all of you tomorrow. I am really glad I pulled it out to read once again. It has reopened my eyes as to what is really important.

Still on the use up the craft stash mentality. So far I have used up quite a bit of yarn, and my fabric stash is slowly going down as well. 


I did a bit of research on why I could be having so much lower back pain, and discovered I could be taking a bit too much Vitamin D, so I am going to cut back on that and see what happens. Then my next doctor appointment I am going to discuss with him what exactly are the amounts I should be taking. It has been more or less a guessing game on my part.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. It isn’t difficult to find out how much Vit D to take…just Google it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the recommendations for Vit D have been backed off over the last 8 years or so. Good idea to google it.
    Lots of thrifty happenings, hope the sun comes out for you so you can stitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you said that about the bread crumbs, I was thinking croutons and voila! You made those too! How yummy! Nice deal on the $50 credit on your phone. Our electric bill was lower this month too, so I'm very happy about that,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just asked the Mayo Clinic web site about Vit D and their recommendation is 600IU for people under 70 and 800 for people over 70. By that measurement I know we're taking too much. Might have to check into that a little further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please do check with your doctor about your back pain, you may need an xray or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you're having back pain. I hope you find out what is causing it.

    ReplyDelete