Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunday Ramblings

 


We managed to get to Palm Sunday Mass, but man my back was causing me grief. Ended up leaving right after Communion which is something I really dislike doing. By this time however it was starting to hurt to even walk. 


Got home, had some toast as I wasn't hungry really and rested my back for a bit. I can only sit or stand for a certain length of time and so in between I walk or move a bit. This is not fun in the least. 

Needless to say, I need to figure out some way to work with the pain and not against it. I will be trying a heating pad tonight to see if that works to reduce the pain. 

I did get some knitting done when I could sit, and when I needed to move I dusted the entire living room. I also managed to get some of my lists of tasks done for this up coming month, the to do lists for next week as well, and started to work on the shopping list.

We are heading into the most important part of the Catholic calendar and I am wondering how much I can take part in this year. Keeping my fingers crossed for at least Holy Thursday, and Good Friday. I know I won't be able to take part in Easter Vigil, but perhaps Easter Sunday. We will just have to play it by ear I guess.

The only thing I enjoy about getting older and having to slow down is that it makes me appreciate simple and frugal living. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry for the pain you are enduring. I hope it is better for Easter weekend festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that the service was spoilt by a bad back. i do hope you will be able to enjoy Holy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds a very miserable place to be. I hope the heat pad helps a lot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you are in such pain Jackie. I hope you can manage to enjoy your Easter weekend regardless and can find some strategies for managing or alleviating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the amount of pain and discomfort you are experiencing, I would suggest seeing your doctor. I'm no expert, but it could be an issue with a disc in your back.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about all of your back pain, and hope you get some relief soon! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you are having so much back pain lately, it can be really debilitating.

    ReplyDelete