Thursday, March 7, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursday

 Thrifty and Frugal 


Once again even though we had snow most of the weekend, and again yesterday, the week has speed past. In just two weeks we will be in the city for my cancer check up. The year has gone by quickly, but not quickly enough for that particular session. Then in about 4 weeks I have to go back up and get the results. 

So what frugal and thrifty things have been happening on the Phillips homestead.

Harvey used items in his workroom to build a table to do his puzzles on. Well this table goes on top of the other table he ordered but with the edging he put on he is able to do the puzzles much easier.

Since the weather was so crappy we did not drive any where for a number of days. The only driving was to the vehicle dealership to get the oil changed and the estimate on the repair. They gave us a free cleaning as well. Free is good.

Went out for coffee with a friend at their home a couple of times. Free coffee is always welcome to me.

I repaired a seam on a nightgown.

I cleaned some cupboards and made an inventory of what I have and now know what I need to purchase when the items are on sale.

Saved the elastics from the asparagus. They are so nice and wide.

Fixed the waistband on a pair of Harvey's boxers.We

Worked on using up all leftovers for our lunches. 

Hung clothes on the lines downstairs.

Turning off lights in rooms not in use and making sure the lights are off on those sunny days.

Went for a walk on a couple of the days when the weather was conducive to that. Free exercise.

No spending other than the oil change.

Shoveling the snow for more exercise.

Wearing an apron when cooking or doing messy tasks around the house. 

Reusing plastic ziplock bags whenever possible.


So that's about all I can remember right now. Hopefully the new frugal habits stick.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.



8 comments:

  1. I like those big rubber bands too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we don't get loads of snow here - but I guess we all just have to cope with whatever the weather is where we live. Your frugal habits will pay dividends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I missed something, I didnt realise you had recently had a cancer scare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three years ago I went in for a hysterectomy due to some precursor cells in my cervix. By the time I got in for the operation those cells had become cancer. Lucky for me this was the earliest form of cervical cancer and they managed to get it all. However, that being said I do have to go back every year and be checked that things are still clear.
      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Always good to have reminders of how to be thrifty in day to day living. Love to catch up with you two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do so well with your thrifty things. I know we do a lot too but they pretty much get done by rote and I'm not really conscious of them.

    ReplyDelete