Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits


 

I was asked if I had a diagnosis on my back pain as of yet, and the answer is no. My doctor figures it is arthritis as it seems to be worse when there is a weather change. He has me undergoing a few tests over the next while. Today, with the sunshine and no snow or rain, I have very little pain. I am also learning that I just might have to slow down a tad and rest between tasks and move a bit more. 

While cooler today, the sun was shining and I managed to fill in a bit more of my cross stitch. Picture when I get a bit more done. While I won't get even close to being done by the end of the month good progress is being made on it.

I finished knitting the second lapghan and did cast on for one of my knitted tank tops. I even got the upright freezer inventoried and organized. This was a good day. 

Changed the menu for this week as I did not have enough chicken to make what I had planned. Instead I pulled some cabbage rolls out and warmed them up. There is enough for another meal, which we will have on Thursday. Tomorrow will be a ham casserole, the extra will be frozen for a meal later on. 

It has been a very quiet day. Hopefully more to share with you all tomorrow.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie - I am pleased to read that the warmer weather does help ease your back problems ... it may well be arthritis by the sounds of it. Hopefully a steady stream of nice warm weather for you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it could be weather related, I guess. I'm glad it feels easier at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a better day. You certainly were productive despite the discomfort you might have felt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had severe back pain and my doctor diagnosed it as osteoporosis in my spine. He also cutback on my vitamin D pills because he said too much vitamin D can cause the pain. I am also moving more as that seems to help my spine from getting too stiff and sore. I am feeling better but still not 100%. Sending you good karma to help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting things done is always a good feeling, sometimes I don't always get everything done, and I've learned that it is ok to, do what I can when I can. The dampness affects my sore and worn out this & that too. Even if it is warm, if there is moisture ( humidity).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to hear that you are getting pain free days. You sound like you get a lot done on these days. Bring on the summer and warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jackie, I just read/reread all your March posts. I was trying to figure out what is happening to your back. I looked up the issue of too much Vitamin D. I take 400IU a day and Tony takes twice that amount which is considered safe. For it to be toxic, you would need to ingest a very high amount. Osteoporosis and arthritis are awful; having to function with pain is terrible and despite that, you have been soldiering on. Thanks as always for the menu plans and thrifty suggestions. I think of you now whenever I do the same. Truly hope your back issues disappear forever, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Movement and slow gentle stretches helped me.

    ReplyDelete