Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


After a night of tossing and turning due to back pain, I have been taking it a bit easier today. I did get all the tasks done, but made sure I had plenty of rest between each. Since I can't sit for long, I made sure to do some walking around the house as well. My thoughts are another weather change is coming up (looked a bit ago and we are forecast to get some rain). 

Sky was dark and overcast today, so no embroidery was done. Having to get up and down often, kind of makes that difficult. I did manage to get some rows of knitting done, and a bit of extra cleaning (where I did not have to bend over). Dang back pain!!!

A list of items has been made and will be added to as things we will need to stock up on when I can find them on sale. Now if I can just get Harvey to mark off when he takes something out of the pantry to snack on I will be extremely happy. Right now I am going through and removing things for him. Bad Jackie, he is never going to learn if I keep doing this.

I was going to make the leftover pork into hash for supper tonight, but I found some frozen stir fry veggies that need to be used so I will be making that instead. There is always enough left over for a second meal. 

Bread crumbs were made from the bits and bobs of leftover bread, and I even cubed up the last bit of the loaf that was getting a bit dry and made croutons. Pulled the leftover rice out of the fridge and made rice pudding for our desserts the next little while. 

I am getting much better at using things up that are taking up room in my fridge. Still have to amalgamate a few things into one jar, but there has been some forward movement on that as well. 

Hmmm, wonder if one can amalgamate jars of peanut butter as for some reason two jars of smooth are open. Guess I could make peanut butter cookies to use up one of the jars.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless. 

5 comments:

  1. We go through peanut butter like crazy and it has to be Kraft (brought from home) and it has to be smooth. I buy the small jars down here for my baking because there has to be baked goods with pb, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your back is troubling you. Are you getting any medical input? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the back pain. When your back hurts you can't do anything. But I do love me some peanut butter cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, do please make peanut butter cookies and let me have the recipe. Back pain is so debilitating, you really need to relax between jobs. Hope you have pain killers to take to ease things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry your back has been painful - it's not fun, that's for sure. Just remember to take it easy.
    Perhaps (re the snacker taking things from the pantry) you could get a plastic container and fill it with 'his' snacks. Might be easier to keep track of.

    ReplyDelete