Friday, March 15, 2024

Towards A Simpler Life

 


The quest to make your life simpler can seem daunting and out of reach, yet the book I am reading once again is giving me ways that will help me reach my goal. Perhaps not by the end of this year, but sooner than I thought.

This is what I have gleaned from my reading so far.

1. Make sure any changes you make come naturally and easily. That way one is more likely to continue with them. Don't attempt any major changes.

2. Realize we live in complex times, and keep this simple reality in mind.

3. When, not if, you encounter a problem, the solution might be right there in the problem itself.

4. Simple tasks, like making your bed each morning shouldn't be overlooked.

5. You must pursue happiness in every corner of your life. That way you will be more productive, focused and directed.

6. You need to be willing to let go of the idea of social status and financial success. Focus instead on the most comfortable, rewarding or enjoyable.

7. Start with easy wins in your efforts. Once you reap those rewards you will want to keep going.

So that is the first chapter done. The second chapter starts with some easy to do wins so you can focus your mind on a simple life.


I did Google the amount of Vitamin D one should be taking at my age and with osteoporosis. It is pretty confusing as the Mayo Clinic says one thing and other sites say something else. So right now my plan is to back off to the bare minimum and see how my back reacts (bone pain is one of the symptoms of too much D, and also a loss of appetite). I will still take my calcium and the bare minimum of the D. I will also be drinking lots of fluids to wash out what I can of the excess. I am giving it a month and then if there is little or no improvement will be making an appointment.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless. 

7 comments:

  1. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. There is no "washing it out". FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wise words, thank you. I'm going to print them out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please ask your physician about
    dosage on your vitamin D.
    The Internet is dubious at best for such advice.


    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just finished reading a book about simple living. It was quite interesting. I should re-read some of the books I have on my shelves. Some are good to re-visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent advise. I especially like 4 - 7! They are all good - but those speak volumes to me. Simple is good and calming on the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out some wholistic articles about vitamin D. When I worked in Obstetrics, we had to test every woman for vitamin D levels.I LIVE IN ARIZONA (SUNSHINE EVERY SINGLE DAY) and EVERY WOMAN tested was shown as needing supplemental Vitamin D. That is pure hogwash. Be careful. Research some more.. and see what you think your best level is..or..just get some sunshine! We STORE it too.. so if you have some time without sun, you have some StORED Vitamin D. the “prevention” magazine type articles are dangerous. Promote expensive supplements for everyone. Not always needed. Read some of Dr. John McDougall’s work. drmcdougall.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made the bed every single day of my life, a habit that was instilled in me in childhood. Social status has never been on my radar either - I guess coming from farming stock where there was little money for anything beyond the necessities means that I could care less about my appearance and I've never felt the least bit need to keep up with the Jones'.

    ReplyDelete