Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


We took the vehicle into to get an oil change, and get an estimate on what it would cost to fix our plug in. The plug in is going to be pretty darn costly, but since winter is slowly loosening its grasp here on the prairies we can wait awhile to get that done. It also gives me a bit of time to save for that as well as new tires for Harvey's truck and the replacement of a sensor on the same truck. Could be an expensive year for vehicles this year. We could easily pay for those, but I kind of like making a game of the whole thing.

We are supposed to get more snow starting tonight and into tomorrow. Then we have a warmer number of days to look forward to. I am hoping that winter's icy grip is loosening. So looking forward to planting and starting seeds. 

I changed the menu for tonight to one we were going to have later this month. We picked up the vehicle so late that the time to make a casserole was really cut down. We will still have the casserole on Thursday, and I will freeze half to have later on the day we were going to have this meal.

So, what have I been doing all day? I walked to my friends for coffee, stopped in and talked to another friend for a bit on the way home, knit, did the household tasks, and planned what extra things I will do tomorrow. My life has no big swings from highs to lows and that is how I like it. Life is not always exciting and that is what makes those times of travel, meeting with friends and the company of loved ones just so special.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the extra expenses. More snow - ick!
    Hopefully you get melted soon. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is wrong with your PHEV? Ours only has 20,000 miles and I do get a sick stomach when I think of repair costs in the future. We do have a running savings account for such repairs. I love the vehicle but sometimes I wonder if we made the right decision especially since any car repairs made will be in our older years and will we be able to afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's not one thing, it's another.
    It's comforting to know that the money is there, if needed, but nice to save for the expenses as well.
    More snow? Hopefully, it won't be too bad.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vehicles can be costly at times as we also found out when we went out on Friday and were greeted with a dead battery. It was 8 years old which is a really long life for a battery but that didn't mean we were happy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is cute that you like to make a game of saving for things. So do I.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, meeting up with friends for coffee and a chat is always delightful.

    ReplyDelete