Saturday, March 9, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


Nothing really completed this week, just the working on the pantry items and getting an inventory made of all that we have, and all that we are short on. I am hoping that this helps Thus (well me really) with the using up and shopping at home first. I really need to be more aware of what needs to be used.

This week I will try and get the two freezers in the basement tidied and an inventory of each made. This will enable me to use items up before frost damage and before spring arrives and the garden planning begins. I really need to know what needs using up before we start stocking things once again. Pretty sure there will be more items than I figure on. 

I have been knitting and working on the counted cross stitch. Not getting as much done on either as I would like. Next cloudy day I will be copying some of the recipes we have tried that were absolutely wonderful. I also have some new recipes that I will need to try out over the next little while. 

While I am trying to make my life simpler, I don't want to do anything too quickly or get rid of items that would actually be useful in a simpler life. I actually think that attaining a simple life is not quite as "simple" as it is made out to be.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. SImplicity can be very complicated - and there's an oxymoron, for sure! Or do I mean juxtaposition?
    One thing at a time - the simplest way to achieve simplicity . . . it's as much the process as the outcome, I think. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in awhile Resident Chef decides he should do an inventory of the freezer and make a list that he vows he will keep up to date. He doesn't and the list is shortly out of date. Lot like me cleaning my sewing room and vowing I will put things away as I finish with them. Hah.

    ReplyDelete