Friday, October 3, 2014

Fishy Friday

The end of the week and the day I usually pick to go with fish for supper. A leftover from Harvey's Catholic upbringing and I find it saves us a bit in the long run. No really savings tonight as we had stealhead trout for our meal and that was relatively expensive, even buying it at Costco.

I was tired of doing the same old thing every time I made fish so following one of my goals (trying a new recipe at least once or twice a month), I searched high and low for something new. I found this recipe on Allrecipies.com and just loved it. Of course I had to make a few subs.

Steelhead Trout Bake with Dijon Mustard

cooking spray
1 lb steelhead trout fillets
1/4 cup dry white wine (I just used whatever white wine we had on hand)
2 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, pressed (I just finely chopped/minced the two cloves)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dill weed
1 tsp lemon pepper (I didn't have this so just used pepper about 1/2 tsp)

Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the fillets in the pan. Mix remaining ingredients and spread/pour over the fillets, letting some run underneath. Bake in the oven until the fish is opaque and flakes easily about 10 to 15 minutes.
A picture of the fish before it went in the oven. So good. As Harvey said it did not even taste fishy.

I served it with corn niblets and in keeping with less work for me, brown rice made in this.
My handy, dandy rice cooker.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.






1 comment:

  1. Oh, that looks good! (How can I get my DH to eat something with mustard???)

    ReplyDelete