Friday, October 24, 2014

Quite A Surprise

Actually I had two surprises today.

The first surprise was a Thank you card from Harvey's sister Sylvia, really very thoughtful of her. We were thanked for traveling all the way to Banff for her birthday. She is still amazed that we all managed to pull it off.

The second surprise was when I moved my spring/summer wardrobe out of my closet and drawers. Not quite as happy as the first, as I discovered something very strange.

Seems while my spring/summer wardrobe has an abundance of dresses to wear for all occasions, my fall/winter wardrobe is suffering from a dearth of this item. I do have lots of jumpers and skirts.... But as far as dresses go I own one that is suitable to be worn during the coldest months.

Since I do like to dress for Mass I decided that I needed to look in my stash of patterns for some suitable to our weather.

This is what I found.

Five whole patterns that have dresses with sleeves!! I think I have a dearth of patterns for these seasons as well.

In keeping with my no spending unless absolutely necessary I will be searching through my fabric stash looking for something suitable to use to make a couple of these over the next few months.

Guess when I make my next order with McCalls or Vogue I will be concentrating on a few more dress patterns....with sleeves of course.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie -
    I can't WAIT to see the dresses you make. I am so envious of your ability to sew clothing. I am going to have to give it a try one of these days, lol. Don't forget to send us pics!

    ReplyDelete