Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thursday Tid Bits

Something is wrong with me, I still have not regained my get up and go. I had to force myself to do anything at all today. Sure the weather is dreary. Cloudy and cold, but I have never had this feeling of lassitude before. Perhaps I am just getting tired.

I did spend a bit of time working in my sewing room. Slowly but surely things are getting back to normal (or as close to normal as possible with my wicker rocker residing in the room). A few years ago when I started to organize the room I bought these baskets as storage for my patterns.

My patterns no longer reside in these baskets and they were sitting on the floor empty. I just couldn't bring myself to give them away and so spent some time today thinking about what I should do with them.

Then it hit me (almost like a ton of bricks, I now understand that saying) when I opened my cupboard in the bath. I took one look at all the soaps, sample sized lotions, shampoos and conditioners that I had sort of put away in there and decided these baskets were just perfect.

All those soaps that were part of gift sets or that we brought home from our travels went into one basket.

Masques, bath gel samples, and foot creams went in this basket.

Sample shampoos, sample conditioners, and those shampoos and conditioners from our various trips were put in this basket.

Sample, gift and those lotions from trips went in this basket.

This sure cleaned out the overflowing cupboard and made things easier to find and use up before buying even more.

Shopping at home, what a wonderful way to save money and use items that might otherwise have been given away. I feel very frugal. I must remember to do this more often!!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Jackie! I love having all of my little samples organized in my linen closet! They are my "insurance" in case money is tight or we aren't able to get to a store because of our health or the weather. Plus, if you addition up, those little samples can save you a BOATLOAD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was supposed to say "add it up"! I HATE autocorrect!

    ReplyDelete