Monday, January 29, 2024

Menu Plan Monday

 


I took yesterday off as well, all I did was knit, embroider, and make the household task list for this week. 

Today we planned our little get away for September. We now have a cabin rented for 4 nights and 3 days in Cypress Hills. One of the parks we always wanted to see when we lived in Shaunavon, but never really got around to visiting. Really looking forward to being out in nature once again. I foresee lots of hikes and enjoying the quiet (or at least I hope it will be quiet). 

So what is on the menu for this week.

Monday

Ham steaks, raw veggies and dip, and there is a premixed noodle package that needs using up.


Tuesday

A bag of leftover pork made into a stir fry and served over rice. I will make extra rice as well.


Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I need to use up a couple of cans of soup so no homemade this week. Not sure what kind of sandwiches but perhaps salmon salad (lots of salmon that needs using as well).


Thursday

Leftover pork stir fry along with the leftover rice.


Friday

Probably Glace, potatoes, onions and eggs. Leftovers will be my lunch for a few days.


Saturday

I have pulled a package of Cabbage Bread from the freezer to use up before getting too old.


Sunday

Roast Chicken, roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and I think I will make gravy.


So I am still in use it up mode and I am slowly getting into the swing of using items up. Hopefully I can empty the fridge freezer.


I also pulled a bag of Pumpkin Muffins out to use for breakfasts, and I have a plan to use some Puff Pastry and a few apples that are getting old for desserts this week. Almost finished the coffee cake, which went over very well with Harvey. It seems as if when there is something sweet, there is less chance of someone running out and picking up chocolate with their allowance.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. How fun on the trip. Your meals sound tasty. Never heard of Cabbage Bread before - can you explain please.
    Love how creative you are getting with use it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love using up what we have on hand. Sounds like you are doing a great job at that this week. It is such a money saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meals all sound delicious! I love how well you do with using things up. I'm working on that too. Trying to waste less this year. I wish you were closer. I would gladly have dropped off some chocolate for you. I'm swimming in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always wonderful have a trip to look forward to, especially in winter when it's cold.
    I've made Wednesday our soup and sandwich day too. Though, my son doesn't like the same soup or sandwiches that i do, so that means we make our own supper that evening. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely to have a holiday to look forward to, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Friday's meal, you mention Glace? What is that please, as I've never heard of it? Nor cabbage bread, come to that. Are they typical Canadian dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too seem to spend my life using things up!! Made a couscous salad as I found a couple bags of couscous in the back of the cupboard that needs using up. I to have never heard of Cabbage Bread or Glace?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine how beautiful a cabin in the Cypress Hills would be. Sounds like heaven!

    ReplyDelete