Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Midweek, Jackie Better Get A Move On

 


Here we are once again and to make matters even worse we are just over halfway through the month!!! I have very few projects done, and even my extra monthly cleaning has ground to a halt. I am once again finding it hard to concentrate on what I am doing and getting behind on what I should be doing. I hope to change that over the course of the rest of the month. 

I think I need to clear something up. Yes, we do have to plug in our vehicle on those exceptionally cold prairie nights during the winter. Heck we usually leave it plugged in most times as the temperature needs to fall below -18C for it to start sucking up power. 

What happened this time is that someone (not me and since there are only 2 people living in this house we all know who this was), hit the switch as they exited the vehicle and turned on the headlights. Those were left on during a couple of the coldest days of the year so far. Now we do have what is known as a Battery Saving device installed, but with the cold, even though it worked the battery was almost completely dead. We have my vehicle up and running and from now on I will make sure all lights are off when Hubby drives and parks in the shelter. I have done that for years as I noticed once that my purse hit and turned the switch. 

Still cold today, in fact just a tad colder than yesterday, and yesterday was brutal with the wind. I really want to go and get groceries today to take advantage of this weeks sale prices, but venturing out in this cold could be problematic. I may wait and take a look at what the sale fliers show today for next week. I have a feeling that things are pretty picked over from this weeks. Means making a new list and probably forgoing a few items until they go back on sale, but I much prefer shopping when it is slightly warmer.

Today I hope to finish the dishcloths, and continue copying out recipes (started that yesterday as one of my quicker projects). My file of downloaded recipes is quite full and needs clearing out and those recipes we enjoy need writing down and put away.

I must also bake a loaf of bread today (thank heavens for the machine). I also need to remember to pull out a bag of frozen ham at some point this morning to make the casserole for tonight. 

I hope to have pictures of finished projects up by Saturday for my weekly roundup post. Off to get things accomplished today, or it will be another "Where did all the time disappear?" type of day.


Everyone have a wonderful day.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Reading your blog post title gave me the incentive to get off this computer and do the same. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the sale ads today too, but have until Tuesday to get the four things we could use. It is 6 degrees F here this morning, but still not as cold as where you are. It's very hard to get motivated to do much when it is so bitter cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Midweek does come around fast. I got thrown off again this week with MLK Day, and no mail and no trash pick up. Things go back a day. Holidays on Monday always mess me up.
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh at the someone not me comment. I notice the toilet paper was out and I could not blame it on anyone....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe this month is already half over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure glad to hear you have your car up and running. I have to buy groceries tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it in this freezing weather! Take care Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you accomplish more than you give yourself credit for. Sorry about the cold weather, it sounds nasty. We are back into shorts again, woops, sorry about that too! 🤔

    ReplyDelete