Saturday, January 6, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


Good morning everybody, I slept very well last night. Only had to trudge to the facilities once. However upon getting up this morning, realized the weather had gotten colder and definitely more wintery in that respect. 

Yesterday we had a light snowfall from about mid morning to sometime after supper. Not a great deal of the white stuff fell, but enough that now I can see the Bush bunny tracks in the yard, and enough to make traversing the roads a bit hazardous... I actually think we just might have gotten a bit of rain first.

So what will I be up to today on the old homestead?

First off I put away the dishes, cleaned emails and finished my first cup of coffee. After visiting with all of you I will sweep my floors and head downstairs to start putting the Christmas decor away. That is really all I had planned, but I think there might be a loaf of bread being made as well. 

I don't have pictures of any of the projects I am working on right now. It has been too dreary to even take a photo. Many a day this past week, the sun did not even come out until mid afternoon. That only gave me a few precious hours (like 2) for embroidery work. I seem to have spent most of my time knitting dishcloths. Not complaining as my stash of dishcloths has dwindled over the last year. 

So what to share with you today....

I decided that perhaps listing my goals/plans for the month would be a good thing. I know it would make me accountable for them.


1.  Embroider one quilt block.

2.  Phone to rent cabin for reunion.  Done

3.  Copy out 14 recipes onto index cards from file of loose ones.

4.  Take down Christmas.

5.  Cut out a summer dress.

6.  Message friend about the serger I am sending her.  Done

7.  Knit some dishcloths.

8.  Download some more embroidery patterns.

9.  Make cough drops.

10.  Cut up flannel and finish edges (this is one part of my quest to be a bit more frugal).

11.  Figure out what to put in box in sewing/craft room. Done


So those are my goals and projects for this month. 

The additions towards a more frugal and simple life this year, to be worked on this month you already know...

Move more

Drink more water

Organize

Declutter

Use Up

Portion out large leftovers to freeze and make sure to freeze any leftovers after the second day of eating. Chances are they won't be eaten for lunch readily the next day. 

Once all those have become a habit I will move on to the next few plans. 

This could turn out to be an interesting year, with hopefully a few gains on the frugal front. 


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless. 

9 comments:

  1. sounds like some good goals. Yes, let us hope it is a good year on the frugal front and the health front. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've only had sun a couple days over the past month and it's depressing. Very little snow too, which I'm not complaining about.
    You have some great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful that winter decided to hold off until January. With the snow (and my cold) I parked the car in the garage on Wednesday and don't plan to leave the house until next week at the earliest. It's nice to be retired and not have to brave the road conditions, isn't it?
    Have a good day. It sounds like you have lots on your list of goals to keep you busy and entertained. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some very good goals, Jackie. We still need to take down our Christmas decorations too. Snow sounds nice. You are inspiring me with your desire to have a simple life, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Jackie. I have the Christmas stuff tucked away, putting up less each year now. I really should freeze more leftovers. Hydrating is important esp. in winter months but don't overdo as you can flush out your needed electrolytes...someone I know did that. Yes, always something. Anyway, those are great goals. A very happy and healthy new year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grey Dyson and lack of sun is always a bit depressing. Knitting dish cloths is an easy thing to do, however, I find the pice of cotton yarn quite expensive here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really good goals there Jackie. I am knitting dishcloths too .. I really enjoy it & like having a stash for myself as well as one for the present box. You will be able to cross off take the Christmas decorations down soon if you get them done today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sensible goals. I'm trying to move more, but the rain somehow means I flop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with achieving all your goals this month, Jackie. Making a list is always good motivation.

    ReplyDelete