Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Midweek, Just One More This Month

 


The day started off with something we hadn't seen in awhile. Sunny and no wind. But by 2pm the sun had disappeared and the wind came back. Still I did manage about an hour or two of embroidery which was very nice. I know I won't get the block finished, but having got a bit more done makes me happy.

We have so many potatoes left from the garden that I decided to make potato soup today. I am doing it in the slow cooker.


Excuse the steamy picture. I added the cream just a bit ago and I think that instead of thickening it with flour I am going to use my immersion blender and give it some swishes to make it more of a cream type soup.

I also made a coffee cake.


That should hit the spot for dessert over the next while. 

Cough drops will be made tomorrow, and the yellow fabric washed and dried as well. The ironing on that can wait for a bit. As can the binding cutting and slashing cutting. 

Tonight I will sit and do some knitting. Since I am unable to embroider I pulled out more yarn from the stash and cast on for another easy pullover sweater. 

Soon I will be pulling the casserole out of the fridge and getting it ready to pop into the toaster oven. Really trying to use more appliances rather than the oven. It just needs warming up so it won't be long before it is ready once supper time comes around. 

I am looking forward to figuring out if I want to purchase a loom (something I have wanted for ages) or an Easy Press for my Cricut creations. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


12 comments:

  1. The cake looks so good. Glad you got a bit of sunshine. Just a few hours here and there makes a difference.
    A loom would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my toaster oven a lot since I am just cooking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so lovely outside this morning, without the wind! I went out to take the garbage to the bin and stayed to clear the deck and stairs.
    I should have picked up my stitiching this afternoon, as I didn't get to Stitch and Chat, but I was feeling lazy and spent the day in my pj's on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potato soup sounds good and I still haven't made it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a desk top loom, which I loved, but boy did I have problems with my back, so I sold it. Such a shame as I loved weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cakes look beautiful. Solid frugal measures taking place in your household. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so good. We love potato soup here. I need to use our smaller oven now that I have one verses using the big oven to save money on our electric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you please share your potato soup recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Potatoes soup, my daughter makes a version with cheese and it is very tasty. I love this creamy soups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loom. I think you could find someone or someplace (Library?) that has a heat press. Deana

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm - potato soup has to be my hands down favourite. We do ours in the slow cooker and plan on making some next week when our son is paying a quick visit on his way to Halifax for a work 'thing'.

    ReplyDelete