Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thrifty Thursday

 


Here is hoping this blog will post as Blogger seems to be very slow today. Wonder if I can blame the cold and the wind.

I did go out and get a few groceries today, but will need to finish my shopping tomorrow. Not thrifty, but necessary as leaving the grocery store was really cold.

So what thrifty moves have taken place this week.

Well I got the flannel square edges all finished and have quite a bagful of them to be used when I start my next frugal endeavor come February.

We combined banking, picking up prescriptions, getting our haircuts and dropping off my old glasses to be fitted with the new lenses in one errand running morning.

I am working on copying out the recipes to be put in an old album. Then cutting up the hard copies into note making papers. Getting quite a stack of those.

Put more leftover veggies from supper last night into the container in the fridge freezer. 

I have of course been doing the usual thrifty things around the house. Like saving the plastic fruit bags, saving twist ties, and such. 

So what thrifty practices have you been using this week?


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

11 comments:

  1. I used up cream and buttermilk from Christmas in a soup and biscuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger IS messing up today. I have had trouble all day.
    It is a tad warmer here today - got to freezing. Snow and cold back for a few days then it looks to warm up some.
    I have been using and stretching as much food as possible this week - using in new ways.
    Stay warm and safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do work so hard at your thriftiness. Mine is very boring, just remembering to switch off lights in rooms, turn the heating down a notch or two, eating out of the freezer and making gallons of soup! I managed to buy a big yellow-stickered bag of vegetables recently, so yet more soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Likely the thriftiest thing I did was staying home from Tuesday of last week until Wednesday of this week. There is some leftover chicken cut up in the fridge to be made into chicken and rice soup for my lunches this weekend. I need to use up some carrots as well, so those will be added into the soup. It's something my son doesn't eat but I will quite happily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I haven't been very thrifty as I visited the bulk food store and forgot to take any reusable plastic bags. So have even more re-use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I save the plastic produce bags for doggy bags. Also the plastic bag that frozen broccoli or corn comes in - also for doggy bags. We’re noticing how little garbage we actually have now with recycling and composting and trying to buy some items in bulk - not paying extra for the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has its moments, Blogger, for sure and can get frustratingly slow. It's here though so that's good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. participated in a craft class that was free from the Library. Going out to lunch today with a friend, and using a coupon for money off. using up leftovers in the fridge and making all sorts of "interesting" meals...LOL Did some shopping at Costco, that saves me money on things that cost more in other stores. not sure what else, but that'll do for the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are trying to use as little electric as possible, but with this bitter cold we have had to keep the heat on, which is running the bill up. Hopefully, it won't last much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not really done much in terms of being thrifty this week save for staying home when not working and not spending money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always try to combine errands but it seems that we just get home and something comes up that means we'll have to go out again. Luckily everything we need is close by and with the cold weather we like to give the car a run to keep the battery charged. Lots of soup here too - hot and filling.

    ReplyDelete