Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


Good morning everyone. It is still a cold day, but by the time I head out to the mobile clinic things should have warmed up a tiny bit. Here is hoping that the mega cold front does not reach here or where our son lives in this province as forecasted. It could at least mellow by a couple of degrees.

I hope to have some pictures for you tomorrow, and a bit of a glimpse into what frugal habit I want to work on next month. I am not too sure if Harvey will approve, but I want to give it a try if at all possible. 

I am going to have to change our menu already this week. Turns out there is a great deal of leftover Eggplant Parma, so we shall have another meal of that instead of the soup and sandwich meal I had planned. Since I have one soup and sandwich meal a week on the plan, I will make my Moroccan Lentil Soup next week instead. Not a biggy in the grand scheme of life. 

I was asked to share my Cheesy Beef Noodle Casserole recipe and will do so after I write it down. I usually just throw things together for this one. So expect that tomorrow as well.

Things are going pretty much as usual around the old homestead. I want to do some drawings of my planting for next year as well as decide if I need to purchase a few more pots early in the season. Also looking at a bit of landscaping to be done. Not much really just a trellis and a small bed to kind of block off the sightline to the firepit. We have a rather large two story (well almost could be considered a three story as the basement is 6' out of the ground) duplex behind us and their outside decks can look right in our yard. It never bothered me until I noticed the owners gazing and pointing at us one evening. Definitely need our own private space. 

I hope that the brother-in-law that asked to be picked up from the hospital today does well with his tests, and that he will be able to drive home on his own. If not he will just have to stay here until I get back from my mammogram. Hopefully his car starts as they do not have plug-ins for anyone other than staff at the hospital. 


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. January is the month to dream about the garden plans. I remember how much we enjoyed receiving garden catalogues in the mail. Good luck with your mammogram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weather. I hope it works out just as needed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having things to plan and look forward to in the spring and beyond would be what kept me going through the cold months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it doesn't get too cold there. Good luck going at. Bundle up - don't want getting sick again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is finally starting to get winter cold here. I need to order seeds thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It warmed up quite a bit since this morning here in the city. It was about -14C when I grocery shopping. Now the snow is starting to fall. I'm not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind comments for my Dad, Jackie. Noisy neighbors would make me want to put up a trellis too. I find that we often have leftovers for two days as well. I need to look into or cook smaller portions. Hope you stay warm and cozy. We had rough winds here yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete