Friday, August 4, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


It has been a quiet week here and lots of little frugal things are taking place.


1.  We were well under budget for the month of July which makes me very happy. We did spend a bit on our vacation at Riding Mountain National Park, but thanks to a friend we did not have to pay the fee to stay in the park for the week. 

2.  Baked one loaf of bread this week.

3.  Using up the produced picked from the garden so far. However I now have a glut of tomatoes and so will probably be blanching, peeling and freezing tomorrow.

4.  Made lavender lotion bars, and man those smell just lovely. Should have enough to last the winter.

5.  Still have not bought gas (will probably do so this week) which is a big savings right now.

6.  Using up some 2" strips making the second fire pit blanket. 

7.  Using up yarn knitting blankets for Kurt's friends (and the family I seem to have adopted). 

I am planning on doing some bartering with the neighbour. Tomatoes, cukes and perhaps some peppers in exchange for crabapples, plums and apples. Hope they go for that.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very lovely week. Frugal too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think trading produce is a great idea. My tomatoes are coming along nicely and I'll soon be over run. I do know someone who will take some from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea to barter your excess produce for things you don't grow yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bartering is such a great tool. My Dad was a custom knifemaker and he would trade cars for knives back when I was growing up. It was really neat. Sounds like a good and frugal week for you. Coming under budget is terrific. I hope this next week is another good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a very good week Jackie. Well done on the July budget! What a great idea on the bartering. I'm sure it will work out well for you. Hope you & Harvey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the bartering works out - it's a wonderful way to get things that each of you want. The storm that came through here last week pretty much decimated Resident Chef's little balcony garden but we're still hopeful for a few peppers and cherry tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you make lavender lotion bars? Would like to try that!

    ReplyDelete