Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sunday Ramblings


 Trying something new here, and I do hope it works out.

I am really worried about getting everything completed before we leave, but have decided that I can only do what I can do. If things are not completed, well they will have to wait until we get back. Still I will definitely keep plugging away at what I feel is necessary to be done.

When I quilt, cut fabric, or sew bigger items I pull out a folding table, move my sewing machine and work in the living room. A couple of days ago I moved all that out for a bit. Well at least until we get home.... I mentioned that to Harvey, and he was quite concerned that perhaps it was too much work for me. Hmmm, this from a man who always told me to tidy my piles up when I was crafting, or to move my piles of books out of the living room. When I mentioned that to him he told me he has mellowed and whatever makes me happy in "your house" is fine with him.  I almost felt his forehead to see if he was running a fever. What a relief to know that my "piles" don't bother him any longer. He also went on to say that he knows I would tidy things up eventually so why sweat the small stuff. Got to love someone who realizes that hobbies can take up a great deal of room and is content to let me create where I happen to be.

I have a feeling that I will no longer be helping with the Bible Study at the church. Seems everyone else got an email saying that someone else will be taking over. I will wait and see what happens.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. It is really nice when 'the lightbulb' goes on!!!! LOL
    Your hubby is a wise man - learning to pick his battles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when mom quilted in the living room on the farm. The frames would be set up and stay there for some time (and it wasn't a big room). Watching television required one to lay on the floor under the frames. Dad must have just read, because I don't remember him joining us. :)
    It's nice to able to leave out a project. Good on Harvey for acknowledging that fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how Harvey has had a change of heart. He obviously knows how important your crafting is to you. I'm looking forward to seeing your quilting in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps Harvey is more comfortable with your piles/hobbies because he's finding time to make things himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things: First, I will repeat things back that Steve has said on occasion, and he's always like 'really? I said that?' and I'm like 'yep,' and then he's like, 'I shouldn't have said that.' :-/ Second, it sounds like your time is just freeing up right and left, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may take a while but our men mature I guess and see the light. Tony cannot feed himself -not literally, so is very careful with my stuff, if you know what I mean. I'm puzzled by the church email. A mix up of sorts, I think.

    ReplyDelete