Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sunday Ramblings

 


Not as cool as yesterday, but now we are cloud covered and there is a smoke haze across the valley. We even had a few drops of rain just a bit ago. I hope we get even more rain. Sorry to any farmers that are trying to harvest, but with the trees changing colour already due to lack of water, we really need the moisture.

I harvested a bit of the garden again today. Just beans, a handful of cherry tomatoes and some rather large jalapeno peppers. Harvey would like me to make stuffed jalapeno's and I will do so with some tomorrow. I may try and get out a bit later and see what else I can gather in. 

Finished off the eggplants that were left after using up all my tinfoil containers. I now have enough to continue making Parma, though I am thinking I almost have enough and will need to think of something else. Wonder if a person can freeze stuffed eggplant. More research needed. 

I was asked how I made my lavender lotion bars so I better share that with all of you.

Lotion Bars with Lavender

depending on how many molds you have at least 2 or more teaspoons of dried lavender

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/2 cup beeswax pastilles (make sure they are cosmetic grade)

1/2 cup shea butter

10-12 drops of lavender essential oil (suitable for topical,  application)

3-4 drops vitamin E oil


Sprinkle the dried lavender into the molds (I used a silicone heart mold). Set aside.

Place the coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax into a double boiler over medium heat. 

Once everything is melted, remove from heat, allow to slightly cool (don't let it harden). Add the essential oil and vitamin E. Stir until well combined.

Quickly pour into the mold, filling each cavity. 

Allow to cool and harden at room temperature for 4 hours or chill for 2 hours. Once cool remove from mold and store in an airtight glass jar or other airtight container. 

To use:

Warm the lotion bar slightly in your hands, rub the lotion bar over your hands or dry areas, and then put the lotion bar down and rub your hands as if you are putting on hand lotion.


Hope that helps anyone who wishes to give this a try.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I sure hope you and many others who are in need get some rain. Stuffed jalapenos are so good.
    It is really mugged up out there around here today. Just feels like breathing water - isn't going to get any better for a bit.
    Take care and have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotion bar recipe is great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're wishing for rain and we're hoping it stays away! We've had plenty of rain recently, it does the garden good but means we can't go out much and the washing has to be dried indoors, which isn't ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were expecting rain last night, but got none. I'm off to water this morning, as I didn't yesterday.
    Your garden is certainly providing a bounty. Does it seem early to you this year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pickled all of my jalapenos this weekend, and it felt great to get them out of the fridge! Would love to know how you stuff yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel sorry for the farmers who didn't get rain when they needed it and, if that hurricane comes north, they might get more than they want. Feast or famine this year it seems.

    ReplyDelete