Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Midweek Update

 


I am slowly but surely getting things completed or at least near completion. Since I finished the fire pit blankets I have been spending my spare time knitting on the blanket. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get it done and then can get started on the third for the three girls. Still need to figure out what colours to do the fathers, but I have a great idea for that.

The garden is coming fast and furious and most days see me processing something for freezing. Today it was green beans, and tomorrow I plan on making more Parma. Planning on sharing the bounty of eggplants with the boys when we see them next.

Trying to keep the fridge as clean as possible so of course that means tonight I will not be following my menu. Instead it will be use up some of the leftovers in there along with sliced cukes and tomatoes.

Tomorrow I plan on using up some of the homemade tomato sauce I found in the fridge freezer making the Parma and probably doing more dehydrating. This time dehydrating will be thyme, basil, and oregano. I also need to harvest more lavender as I haven't done that as of yet.

I am almost finished decluttering the sewing/craft room. I think I will just make labels for some boxes and call it done until we get home. Hopefully I will have more ideas to use up the bits and bobs of yarn by then. Perhaps a few more mitts will be made and these given to the Salvation Army here in town.

Off to get supper on the table. I will visit you all later.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing amazing Jackie. I need to declutter my sewing room but every time I walk in there - its overwhelming so I walk out again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, Jackie, and I am in awe of your industry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've accomplished quite a lot Jackie. I'm missing home grown produce this year. Your eggplant parma sounds so good! Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always interesting to read about what you're harvesting from your garden and it makes me rather miss having one. Not enough to go back to home ownership though!

    ReplyDelete