Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 


Well our cruise is all set up. We actually booked our excursions and paid our gratuities. Now we only have to take money with us to buy whatever souvenirs we decide to purchase, or any little treats we decide to buy while we are in port.

Busy harvesting the garden. I love being able to extend meals with fresh produce. Tomorrow I am going to dice up some peppers and dehydrate them for the winter. I also plan on making some lotion bars to use up the dried lavender rather than make the sachets right now. There is lots to harvest out there yet.

I did finish one blanket for one of the young girls, only two more and then one for the Dad. Hopefully I can get them done before Kurt comes home at Thanksgiving. Then I will work on some more for Kurt's friends who helped him through his difficult time. 

Slowly but surely I am getting the sewing/craft room in order. Still lots to do in there, but spending a bit of time each day putting items in their proper place is making a difference. Also the using things up is really helping as well. 


We got some rain today, but now along with high temperatures, the feel like temperature is higher yet. I went for a short walk and before I even reached the halfway point I was dripping sweat. Definitely going for a walk in the evening right now is out of the question.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


5 comments:

  1. Where are you cruising, Jackie? It is something I have often thought about, and would love a river cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is raining most days here at the moment. I bet you can't wait for your cruise. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been walking much this summer, for a number of reasons, but now that I think I'd like to get out there again it's just too darned hot.
    Glad you've got your cruise sorted out. It's always nice to have everything dealt with before you board the ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, your cruise is getting closer! I must have missed who you are making the blankets for, a friend of your son and his girls?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know the gratuities were paid ahead of time for a cruise - interesting. At least it means you don't have to carry a whole lot of cash. I tend to wonder though if people still tip over and above the prescribed amount.

    ReplyDelete