Monday, August 21, 2023

Menu Monday

 


Before I start on my menu plans for this week, I want to say thank you to all those members of the forum I moderated for their lovely comments. So sweet of all of you.


So what is on the menu for this week? Once again I will be trying to use things up from the fridge and fridge freezer before we go away. Yesterday I went through the freezer drawers and found lots of items to be used up. I will of course have to bring up some main dish meats just to shake things up a bit, but man once again I have let things stack up.


Monday

Leftover ribs, served with green beans, cherry tomatoes, leftover coleslaw, and of course sliced cucumbers.


Tuesday

There are two small steaks in the freezer so I am going to slice them thinly and make a stir fry. This will be served over rice. I will also make the stuffed jalapeno's tonight (though I would do them Monday, but missing the cream cheese). 


Wednesday

Lazy perogies, though I am tempted to spend the hours necessary to make perogies once again and have a few bags in the freezer for meals later....


Thursday

Leftovers from Tuesday. 


Friday

Tuna casserole will be served, along with sliced cucumbers and sliced tomatoes.


Saturday

Pulling out a package of the leftover ham and making a casserole. If I can get into the garden (we actually got rain today, and quite a bit more could come tomorrow) green beans and cherry tomatoes.


Sunday

Porkchops, mashed potatoes, carrots and coleslaw.


I have been asked what I stuff my jalapeno's with and so I will tell you all.

I soften cream cheese and mix it with some garlic powder, some of the insides of the jalapeno's for a bit of heat, and regular grated cheddar. Then the halves are wrapped with some bacon and cooked in the oven until the bacon is cooked.

Kris taught me this as it is how he did the ones we had earlier this summer. Harvey has decided he just loves them this way. 


Yes, Maebeme this is really early for the garden this year. I just can't believe how much is ready to be picked....


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Everything sounds delicious! I love stuffed jalapenos, but have never made it before. I'll have to give your recipe a try. Thank you for sharing Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, your menu plan sounds delicious! Never had stuffed jalapenos but don't think I would want to because I suspect they're quite hot. They sound good, but I think I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of jalapenos, but I know both my kids would love those. Thanks for the recipe.
    We didn't get any rain yesterday, but I think it's rained most of the night, and it's been raining all morning. Not hard, but it a constant drizzle. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to eat with you guys. Had chips and oreos for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a delicious menu! How nice to have a lot of items to pick I. The garden, truly a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to ask, what are perogies? I've never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete