Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits


 I did not post a menu plan for this week, mainly because I don't know how well I will be able to follow it. Take today for instance. Harvey and I went and picked plums and crabapples this morning after a 2 hour shopping trip. Came back after picking and I divided up the meat to put in the freezer in meal sized portions. 

Then of course I swept the floors, ironed, mended (fixed a small burn hole from fire sparks) in Harvey's favourite Saskatchewan Roughrider shirt, washed the plums, still have the crabapples to scrub up, pinned the binding on the fire pit blankets to hand sew tomorrow or the next day, and did a few rows of knitting.

Still to do is pick the beans (probably wait until tomorrow), pick the chokecherries and get them washed as well. 

I am just so tired and my back is a constant ache right now. So tonight I am ordering a pizza and calling it good. 

Tomorrow will be the processing of the various berries, fruits, and I will make Parma for the freezer as well. Then there are the beans to pick, I noticed more tomatoes are ready, and who knows how many cucumbers are hiding on me. Must dehydrate more herbs as well. 

I see another tiring day ahead. 


Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.


10 comments:

  1. Good heavens woman, you never stop moving do you? I think we can readily call you the Energizer Bunny. I thought I was busy doing the rest of the cleaning in preparation for listing the house, which was far less than your busy day, and I was exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy hands make for good eats! Later on you will be so happy you preserved all these goodies. Pizza sounds good for today - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a time and a place for meal planning and a time for saving your energy. I felt tired just reading all the things you have to do. It will feel great when the harvest is all gathered in though.
    Must look up chokeberries - I have no idea.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a busy time of year, but you will be thankful once the cold weather comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every year I used to make crabapple jelly, but now we dont have the trees any more,

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had a very productive day Jackie. Good for you on ordering pizza. Sometimes we just need to give ourselves a break from cooking. I'm jealous of all your fresh produce :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We ordered pizza last night too. It was such a great treat and we have plenty of leftovers for today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, You made me a bit tired reading all you are doing, Jackie, LOL. But how great to get so much done, groceries in the house, etc., put away, etc. Your garden has been doing so well and it makes me think next year I should try the veggies. Hope your back is feeling better with rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not surprised you feel tired. You work so hard every day. Good for you for ordering a pizza and putting your feet up. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you keep going at this speed you're not going to be up to enjoying your cruise. Take time to take care of you!!

    ReplyDelete