Monday, May 11, 2009

My Weekend Fun




On Friday night, just after I finished the dishes and headed towards my chair to work on my knitting for the evening....a knock on the door. I opened the door and the two little boys from down the street, were standing there with these carnations in their fists.

They handed them to me and said "These flowers are for you for Mother's Day, cause we know your boys live far away." I almost cried at their thoughfulness.

Then on Mother's Day we followed our tradition of going to Regina to visit the greenhouses. My favorite one was closed for some reason this year, but we managed pretty well at the one that was open.

Here are just a few of the plants that I am going to need to make our yard beautiful for the rest of the spring and summer.

This will give me a good start, but I know that I need many more to make my yard be a place I want to spend my days and evenings enjoying.

The best thing about the whole day was I got to spend time with Harvey and our youngest son Kris....and when I got home our oldest son Kurt was phoning to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. What could be better....oh yeah....no cooking at all. Got to love days like that.

Well off to visit you all. Everyone have a wonderful evening. God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Look at all your wonderful plants, Jackie. What a nice Mother's Day tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie,

    Your plants are lovely and they will bring a lot of colour to your yard. I haven't posted my Mother's Day flowers yet. Today was a busy day and I didn't get a chance to get a photo.

    Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH~~~~ How sweet of those boys to do that! Your plants are just beautiful, I love the way it looks after I have been shopping for plants. It looks like you will be busy for a while. Have fun in your garden.
    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet- sweet- sweet little boys! Also I LOVE your plants!

    What fun!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a darling thing for those boys (and they're mom, I suspect) to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie,

    You have sweet neighbors..what a thoughtful gesture.

    Your plants are beautiful~have fun in the garden.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love planting colorful impatiens as they grow so quickly and easily. They make us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your day was happy and what sweet little neighbor boys...the carnations are so pretty.
    I love all your plantings, I hope you'll share garden pictures. Have a happy weekend, hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete