Monday, May 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie And Projects

Ooops hit a wrong button and got a post with no post. My mind is gone.


Thought I would share a few things that I have been up to while MIA.






First off are a finished knitting project or two. This is the blue vest I shared earlier. I managed to get it finished before I started on the prayer shawls that the church gave my name out to do. I made two of them before I moved on to my next project.









This is a hooded vest/poncho that I made. I really like the way that it turned out. It looks blue here, but in actuality it is a deep purple. Wonder why it looks blue in the picture?














The last thing I am going to share is a new recipe. I made a peanut butter pie one evening and it was a big hit. This is very rich and a small slice really fills you up.





Peanut Butter Pie
1 9" crust baked
1 1/4 cup peanut butter smooth (I used crunchy)
1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp melted butter or margarine
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
Beat the peanut butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Gradually add the 3/4 cup icing sugar, melted butter, and vanilla, mix well. Beat the whipping cream and 1/4 cup icing sugar until soft peaks form. Stir 1/4 of this mixture into the peanut butter mixture and mix thoroughly. Fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly. Spoon into prepared crust. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
Glaze
1/3 cup whipping cream
3 squares semi sweet chocolate
Bring cream to a boil over low heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth. Cool slightly and pour over filling, tilting pie to cover top completely. Chill for at least one hour.
Enjoy!!!
Well off to try and get a bit of visiting with all of you before bed. It is going to take me awhile to catch up so please be patient with me.
Everybody have a wonderful evening. God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I've been looking at the patterns for prayer shawls to crochet and thinking I might make one.
    That pie added calories just looking at it.
    Good to have you back, Jackie.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you send me Internet flowers today? If so, thanks! You are such a sweetie, I'll just go ahead and say what a sweetie you are even though I don't know if you sent them. You are such a sweetie. : ) If not, well, I don't know who it could be. Hope all is well with you and yours. You take care of yourself, dear one. We're all fine here.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember how I rooted those rose cuttings a couple of years ago? The first year I set them out, bugs ate all 3 of the roses. This year the plants are huge and I have more than a dozen gorgeous, sweet smelling red roses with no bug damage at all. I did nothing different, just waited another year. The rooting experiment was finitely worth it. I couldn't (won't--SO dang stubborn) share this with the "gang", so I'm just telling you. :) Obviously thinking of you fondly,
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry, the bugs got my rose cuttings this year. I am going to try and get some more started this year.

    So glad that the roses are growing so well for you this year. I can but hope for mine then.

    Now that school is over and I have more time I hope to be blogging more. I really have to work on that time thing.

    Nice to be hearing from you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie this pie looks so good. I have copied the recipe and will try it very soon.
    Thanks so much
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie...been thinking of you, hope all is well and you are just have a nice summer break.

    Oh my, does that pie look wonderful! Two of my favorites chocolate and peanut butter, especially chunky...thank you for the recipe...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete