Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Wonderful Start To The Weekend

I had a wonderful start to the weekend. The weather was great (except for the rather large rain drops whilst we were cleaning the Enclave out), I got to talk to Kris for a bit (he seems to be doing wonderfully) and even messaged back and forth with Kurt.

As far as working around the house (and by this I mean working in the sewing/craft room) things went really well.

I finished the little sun dress I started on Monday. Here's a photo.


It is a bit wrinkled and needs a good ironing. I also need to learn how to tie a proper bow. While this will be a dress, I think the pattern is also suitable to make a summer nightie or two out of. Hmm, wonder if I have fabric in my stash suitable for a nightie???

Then I also tried two new recipes for supper.

The first was a Greek Salad (can't believe that I have lived for 58 years and never made this).

Lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cucumber, thinly sliced onions, sliced green peppers and feta cheese. All smothered in a lovely dressing. Yum. To make things even better we have some for our dinner tomorrow night as well!!!

I also made this chicken casserole. I got to use up a package of the leftover chicken I had packaged up for the freezer.

It was very creamy and had a nice tang to it. However I think when I serve the leftovers I will make some noodles to serve it over.

I also worked on the rug project for awhile and plan on doing some more tonight. I am hoping to get to the burgundy yarn again by tomorrow.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment