Friday, March 21, 2014

Ahhh, Friday At Last

Four days of not leaving the house except for Mass on Sunday......Love it!!!! Especially since it has gotten very cold once again. In fact last night saw us getting snow and rain mixed together, but not too much stuck on the roads so at least when we went shopping today we did not have icy roads to contend with. Icy, bone chilling winds however were something we faced in store parking lots.

Kept the shopping to a minimum and hopefully will not be over budget for the month. I did get an umbrella type clothes line, and now we can get rid of the other line that seemed to be fighting with our cherry trees for space.

The rest of the day I spent reading and finishing off a sewing project.

Here is the coat I made.

This was made out of a light brushed flannel. I have some lovely heavy wool that I may use the next time I make this. Not sure if I will use a button closure the next time but I will think seriously about it.

I had to add word verification to the comments. While I do love the automatic spam detection of blogger, and seeing that I have 200 views a day, I have finally realized that most of those views are spam and spending my time deleting them is just not worth it. Hopefully I can remove it shortly.

I am off to do some corking or spool knitting as others call it. I want enough cord made to spend some time adding it to the rug.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Nice coat, jackie... and a good weight for spring.

    Shopper

    ReplyDelete