Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Ramblings


Today I had my eyes opened at Mass with something I have never thought of before.

The gospel was about the blind man that Christ healed and Father Brian talked about how the healed man went through three stages of healing. The first stage was the physical healing of his blindness, and how the man just saw Christ as a man. The second stage was when the healed man saw Christ as a prophet and the third stage was when the man recognized Christ as God on earth.

Father Brian went on to say how even those of us who can see are still blind. Blind to the wonders of God around us and blind to those people who bring Christ into our lives. Makes one wonder if they are bringing Christ into the lives of others.

I went for a bit of a walk this afternoon and took this picture.

This condo complex went up in a matter of days. The ground work and now the roof trusses seem to be taking longer than the construction. The units were preassembled in Idaho and brought to Estevan on flat bed trailers. Once they arrived they were lifted into place by large cranes and fastened together by the workers. Not sure how big the units are, but there are 55 units for sale starting at $178,000.00. Not too bad a price considering the cost of housing here in the city.

I also did all the marking for my next sewing project.

I am making the one on the right so I don't have to worry about getting the crossover just right. It will be made out of one of the knit fabrics I bought in the fall (spring fabric was on sale then). I know I won't get it totally completed this month but after finishing 5 sewing projects when I only planned on two I still feel I accomplished a great deal.

I also finished off the cream yarn making the cord for the rug. Didn't quite get the burgundy done as planned but I think I over estimated what I could really do. Here is a photo of the rug a week after my last picture.

It might not look like it has grown much since my last photo, but it really has according to my measurements. You should be able to see the burgundy very soon. One thing I have noticed is that it is taking much longer to sew the cording together. Today I spent 2 hours sewing the cream around and around.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment