Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday Tid Bits

I have started a new way of getting my hours in at the church this week and so far I am loving it. I picked Tuesdays to work all day (well 6 hours worth any how) and then the other 6 hours are put in on Wednesday and Thursday nights when I give the classes (supervise the classes). So far I am loving the extra time at home. Mind you it is only the first week and this could easily change, but I doubt it very much.

I have been putzing around the house and doing a bit of sewing. Nothing to really show you on the sewing front as of yet, but perhaps tomorrow. I just have to put the sleeves in and I am procrastinating as it always seems like I have to rip one out at least twice before I get them to go in properly.

This week for the first time ever I answered a Garage Sale ad on Facebook. Surprisingly enough I managed to buy what I offered for at the price I wanted to pay.

This lovely bag of yarn for $12.00. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but it is soft and all the colours coordinate beautifully. Perhaps I can turn it into an infinity scarf or two.

Then I decided to clear out some of last years rhubarb crop. I used up three bags of frozen rhubarb to make 2 rhubarb cakes. Yummy.

Here they are ready to go into the oven. I used some of this as part of our refreshment at my meeting last night.

As I was cleaning up after the meeting I noticed a package on the counter just down from the refreshment area. There was a card with it that read, "4 U 4 next winter." Hmmm, what could it be??? I opened it up and found this.....

This lovely sparkly scarf!!! I had admired one of the ladies scarves at last weeks meeting and so she crocheted me one as a little gift. I love it.

Tonight I have another class and then I am done until next week. Since some bad weather may be heading our way I get to enjoy 4 days safely ensconced in my home (well I do have to go out Friday night and set up for Stations of the Cross, and of course there is Mass on Sunday....but other then those two things I won't be heading out at all).

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.



1 comment: