Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunday Ramblings


Today we had a baptism during Mass. How to describe it? Something wonderful beyond belief. The child in question had 5 god parents and belonged to one of our new immigrant Filipino families. This is part of their tradition in the Philippines. Seeing the glow of those 7 candles helped me to realize that we all have to share the light of Christ during not only these 40 days of Lent, but throughout our lives.

We need to reach out to everyone and share the love of God. Showing each of the people we meet that they are truly deserving of His love and forgiveness. This is something I, myself have a problem with and will work on over this Lenten Season.

I made a new recipe today and Harvey loved it. This will go in our regular rotation as well.


We were supposed to have roast chicken for supper, but when I went to the freezer ....... none to be found. So I searched through cook books to find a recipe similar to a roast chicken and found this. It enabled me to use up a couple of packages of chicken from the fridge. I did not have any carrots either (my am I getting low in supplies) so I cut up celery and put that in to roast as well.

To my surprise this is a very tasty meal and does taste like roast chicken and stuffing (must be the sage in the recipe).

I will keep the celery in it and add carrots the next time I make it.

Sage Chicken and Potatoes

Cut up chicken weighing about 1 1/2 lbs
3 unpeeled potatoes (I used 4 small ones) cut up into 3/4 inch pieces
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
1 jar of gravy (I made my own)
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp dried sage leaves (I used ground sage)
1/2 tsp garlic/pepper blend (I used 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp garlic powder).

Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven at 400 F. In baking dish, arrange chicken potatoes and carrots. In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken and vegetables. Spray some foil to cover the dish (sprayed side down) and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until juices run clear.

The best thing is I have enough leftover from tonight that we will be having another meal sometime in the upcoming week.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm....sounds yummy! My mouth is watering! I will have to give this a try soon. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete