Friday, May 26, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


What the heck is with Blogger? I can now upload pictures the old way after three days of having to do some acrobatic exercises. Not complaining really, just wondering what is going on.

So it is Friday once again and time to list my frugal accomplishments, or at least those I can remember.

1.  Windows open at night to cool off the house rather than run the air conditioning.

2.  Doing most of the yard work ourselves. This year I have decided to gather perennial seeds or watch our garden Facebook page for free seeds or plants.

3.  Baked bread.

4.  Sewed three tops for a fraction of the cost of purchasing them even at the second hand stores. Man, they are expensive at our stores here in Estevan.

5.  Finally bought a blind for our bedroom. Did so online and got 50% off plus another 15% as it was my first order with this company. 

6.  Using appliances more to do my cooking. Keeps the heat down in the house and saves on electrical costs. 


So this is what I remember as being frugal with.


I did not get out to pick dandelions today as after weeding my garden areas my back was giving me a bit of grief. Believe me I rested between areas, but still bending over to pick the heads of dandelions was a bit beyond me today. Hopefully tomorrow.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. It’s nice and cool here this morning, so I have our windows open too. I just love the cool breeze and hearing the birds chirping away.

    What is going on with Blogger? Please tell me how you fixed the picture thing. It’s nuts right now.

    I’ve been using my Instant Pot to cook beans as it definitely keeps the kitchen cooler. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope your back is feeling better soon.
    I've had the windows open the last couple of nights, and it's definitely cool in here today. With the heat returning next week, I'm enjoying the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have many dandelions - now I wish I did, because I'd like to make some oil as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The temperatures here haven't reached enough warmth to have the windows open other than I open them for a few minutes every morning to get some fresh air inside (I do that all year 'round).
    Blog-grrrr was giving me grief last night too. They must be doing some sort of update that's messing with the system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness knows what Blogger is playing at. I had real problems on Saturday but that was my Internet connection, not Blogger. We are so dependent on technology, aren't we? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger is back to normal for me now too in regards to loading photos in my blog posts. I’m so glad too, I didn’t want to have to figure that out. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really determined to grow more flowers from seed next year as I saved so much money this year doing so.

    ReplyDelete