Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 


I have had a busy week so far. Not only trying to get my tasks completed, but helping Harvey with his. 

Now I dearly love my other half, but there are days I would like to bury him deep in the garden and throw balls at his head, these last two have been like that. 

It seems that whenever I am knee deep in my own tasks that is when Harvey decides he needs my help. Yesterday it was cleaning the entire deck, today it was painting the deck and mending his jeans (and darning his three socks). I shouldn't complain too much as he does so many little things for me, but it seems as if he needs my help when I am the busiest. At least the second paint coat on the deck he can do himself.

Tomorrow I will answer your questions and perhaps have a bit longer post. 

Oh, I do have one question for my readers.... My friend has bought three sundresses and while she says they fit perfectly, she was wearing one on Monday which I figure was too small really. Should I let her know that a slightly larger size would probably solve that problem and a couple of others? Just like wearing something too large can make one look bigger, wearing something too small causes the same problem as it shows every little fault. Or should I just say nothing at all? I do know she would be the first to tell me if something was wrong with what I was wearing (she already has, numerous times).


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Tricky one. It is HOW, not WHAT, isn't it. I think I would rather a friend rather tell me if something was showing lumps and bumps but nicely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I'd be too much of a coward to do that. It's a difficult one. Sometimes people can dish it out, but can't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled at your description of Harvey buried in the garden. My mom used to threaten to sharpen my dad's head into a point and plant him in the garden.
    As for your friend, maybe you could take a photo of her, and let her see what she actually looks like. On the other hand, if she has no qualms about telling you what she likes and doesn't like, you should be able to do so too. Focus on the dress itself, and not her body, if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, don't say a word. If she is comfortable and likes it, that's good.
    as a friend just say, "You're beautiful."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe ask to see the other dresses, and if they look better mention that the size suits her. How difficult! Though if she feels she can tell you about your clothes maybe she wont mind a friendly comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not say a thing, she obviously thinks she is smaller than she is and I had to laugh at Harvey as it reminded me so much of Joel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm giggling as I picture you and Harvey playing a game of whack a mole in your garden.
    Perhaps, when it comes to your friend, simply tell her that you like that outfit (the not so nice one) but that you really like her in another one (that DOES suit her). Better that than coming out and saying it directly.

    ReplyDelete