Saturday, May 13, 2023

Saturday Roundup

 


It has been a pretty quiet week as for the last three days we have been getting rain. It seems to have let up right now, and is supposed to get quite chilly so the plants (at least mine) will be coming into the house overnight. Hopefully all the plants that Harvey put in his veggie garden will be okay. Just too muddy to even try to cover them. 

The Oriole feeder is one that Harvey made, and I hope to convince him to make another to use next spring. I really am amazed that we actually managed to attract them this year. Perhaps there are more around than I ever imagined. 

Now what have I been up to this week. I have been knitting a blanket (which I now realize probably will not be finished this month), sewing and baking. 


Today I will share my baking with you. Sewing is being saved for another post once all is properly washed and ironed.

First off I made my version of a cherry turnover type thing.


I used up a container of cherry pie filling from the chest freezer and the remains of the phyllo pastry in the fridge freezer.



Next came pumpkin muffins to use up two one cup bags of pumpkin puree from the chest freezer.



Then came a rhubarb sponge pie to use up two bags of frozen rhubarb, and a frozen pie crust. 

Lastly I made some more muffins.


Zucchini muffins to once again use up a bag or two of frozen grated zucchini.


The muffins will make a lovely change from cereal, yogurt or toast for breakfasts. 

A loaf of bread was also made in my bread machine.


If this rain keeps up much longer I can see me doing a bit more baking as well as getting more sewing projects done. This time around I will be sewing some sleeveless tops. I believe there are 5 I need to get done before I start Harvey's spring/summer robe. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. Doesn't the smell of home made baking wafting around smell so delicious. You have been very busy in the kitchen indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm - all that baking. It all looks simply delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you’ve been a busy baker in your kitchen. Everything looks delicious! I love using up the little bits we have in our freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your baking looks so tasty. I really should do more baking, especially with the cost of baked goods in the supermarkets right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd add 10 pounds with all the baking. My son won't each much so I have to, right? 😁
    It was a beautiful weekend here. My daughter, grandson and I spent a lot if time outdoors. I hope the rain has ended for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least now all the frozen fruit and vegetables can be eaten over time by simply pulling something out! Lots of baking, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've been very busy in the kitchen! You've reminded me that we have a recipe somewhere for a rhubarb sponge pie and now I'm going to have to go and see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your baking just looks so delicious Jackie!!! We have had lots of rain too but today we have thick fog & some sunshine trying to peek through. xx

    ReplyDelete