Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


Just a few new thrifty things this week.


Windows open the last two days as it has been very warm and I refuse to turn the air conditioning on this early in the season.

Sewing a few replacements for some of the clothing that I decluttered.

Used up lots from the fridge and freezer over the last few days.

Fixed a few seams, turned a collar and darned some socks (pretty much normal around here).

Harvey spread some new grass seed, and cleaned up the yard.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. Keeping it frugal as always, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the open windows too. I did have to close up the sunroom late afternoon as it got too warm out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're still experiencing cold weather with the furnance on, so no opened windows here. But maybe soon the weather will change for us. Fingers crossed. We don't turn on the ac generally until it hits the high 80's. The one thing I've started doing that has helped with using up food is to not put left overs in the refriderator. Seems when I do that, we don't eat them; as we don't want the same thing in close proximity to when we had it in the first place. So, I've been putting in zip locks bags and freezing. The bags take less space than a container, and things thawl easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turned on the AC a few days ago just in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good frugal ideas, Jackie. This week mine was to have a "use it or lose it" meal the day before I went shopping. That way I knew exactly what I had run out of!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love being able to open the windows and air the house out. I hope you enjoy it as much as possible. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love having the windows open and getting fresh air. No AC yet here either. Using the ceiling fans.
    Sounds like a productive week. have a good one!

    ReplyDelete