Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Mid Week Once Again

 

Lots of clouds today, mostly passing to the north of us but I am thinking that it is so muggy out a storm is going to hit, at some point. I just hope no hail is involved. 


Made a stupid move this morning. I finished most of the household tasks and then decided that I should input some information on a few spread sheet. As I finished the computer work and stood up my back was a bit tight so I stretched. Must have stretched a bit wrong and I heard a crack and was in severe pain almost immediately. I thought I had dislocated a rib and that rib was pressing on my lungs. I could not breathe at all well. Almost went and woke up Harvey to take me to the ER, but gingerly walked about the house a bit and the pain dissipated somewhat.

However I have been taking things a bit easier, resting well between tasks (most of which had been done before my stupidity) and using a heating pad and ice pack regularly

Good thing I put off shopping for awhile (at least until tomorrow). Hopefully I can find a comfortable position to sleep in.

I did do some sewing today and finished another top. Mom would have called these last two tops "pop tops" as you just pop them on. She made many of these for my sister and I to wear in the summer. I am not as good as she was and need a pattern in order to make mine. 

Down to two more tops to sew and then I can start on Harvey's robe. Perhaps I will be lucky enough to actually finish this mass of sewing projects this month. 

Must slowly make supper. Will visit you all later.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, no. Perhaps it should be looked at, just to be on the safe side. It sounds most unpleasant. How are you now? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the pan is better today. It’s aggravating to hurt yourself like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been super busy with your sewing projects. I like the idea of a 'pop top'. Sorry to hear that you've hurt yourself. I hope you're feeling much better soon. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope your back is feeling some better today. Whatever you did, doesn't sound pleasant.
    The skies are overcast here and the forecast suggest rain starting about 9 this morning and lasting overnight. I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch - sometimes the most innocent moves can do a number on your back. Hopefully you're feeling better today and had a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, our bodies have surprises for us don't they, and often when we least expect like haven't been doing anything except sitting and standing. You seem to have your care in hand and it is working for you. Take your time, thankfully less has to be done in a hurry at our ages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, that sounds painful hope you are going to get it checked out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. jackie, perhaps you should see a good chiropractor. Good luck.. Chris ,Australia

    ReplyDelete