Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 


While the day started off just sunny and bright, it ended up mid afternoon with some rain (almost an inch), small hail and cloudy skies. The sun is shining right now but rain is predicted for tonight, and tomorrow. Not going to complain as things really needed a good washing. It did, however prevent me from doing any sewing as my machine is computerized. I knit instead.

Harvey pretty much has the garden planted, just a few veggies left to plant, and I have bought a few of the plants for the pots. Hopefully we will be able to finish everything off outside by the Victoria Day long weekend. 

Maebeme asked if Kris will be having a garden outside and yes he will. I know he has already started a few veggies to go in and will also be planting onions, potatoes, tomatoes, peas, and corn. He gets a pretty good harvest, and hopefully since the garden now has a dose of peat moss and manure things will grow even better.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. The weather is similarly changeable here too, lots of rain at times but some sunshine at times too. I'm hoping to get on top of our garden by the end of May and then I can sit back and enjoy it over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet put anything out in containers and have been pulling things in and out of the house and garage. I'm heading to my daughter's this weekend for Mother's Day, and expect to plant next week. So looking forward to it!
    We didn't have any rain yesterday but it has rained this morning, though I notice the sun is shining now. Definitely can use the rain to freshen things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful today, has been so stormy off and on that last 3 days so I wonder if this will hold out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie ... just catching up on your posts after my visit to my Mum. Our weather here has been incredibly WET. So much rain that the road I travelled home on now has a massive slip & will be closed for 3 days. The alternative route is much longer so I am thankful I got home in time. Enjoy the week Jackie ... thats great that you're getting your garden all planted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sadly behind in leaving comments! I must admit to being curious why you can't use your computerized machine if it's raining? Resident Chef is anxiously waiting for the weather to warm up enough so he can plant his balcony garden. In the meantime his tomatoes and peppers are residing on the living room windowsill.

    ReplyDelete