Monday, May 29, 2023

Menu Monday


 Well Blogger is still working in the way it always did. I wonder if they were "fixing" something. I did not have to do a thing this time around.


Menus for this week are using a few things up from the fridge, freezer and pantry. Trying to keep things under control seems to be an ongoing process around here.


Monday

Butter Chicken, leftover rice and leftover salad.


Tuesday

Small pork sausage casserole to use up the sausages, some of the potatoes, and the carrots. 


Wednesday

I will warm up the brisket from Sunday and serve it with salad (probably just a tossed salad to use up the cherry tomatoes, half the cucumber, and the iceberg lettuce). 


Thursday

Leftover Butter Chicken and I will need to make more rice. Served with the leftover tossed salad.


Friday

I am going to try air frying a couple of the Walleye fillets and serve them with roasted cauliflower and broccoli (got to get those items used up as well. I should be able to roast the veggies in the toaster oven.


Saturday

The leftover sausage casserole.


Sunday

Pork roast along with roasted potatoes, roasted carrots, and hopefully I can rid the fridge of the remaining salad items.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, I tried to post last night, it our Internet wasn’t working very well. So if this posted twice, please feel free to delete one of them. Your menu sounds delicious, especially the butter chicken. I have another recipe on my blog for lentil taco filling that I wanted to share with you too. It’s a tried and true recipe.

    Taco Style Lentils & Rice
    3/4 cup dry lentils
    3/4 cup brown rice
    4 cups tap water
    4 beef bouillon cubes
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

    In a 2-quart saucepan bring the water to a boil. As the water is heating, add the lentils, rice, bouillon, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder. Bring the whole thing to a nice fat boil. Reduce the heat to low. Place a lid on the lentils and allow the mixture to simmer for about 45 to 50 minutes. The water should be mostly absorbed. You may serve this as it, topped with a little cheddar cheese if desired. Or you can use it to fill burritos or tacos instead.

    I hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good eating is going to be happening over the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, I did appreciate that I was able to do it, it's just always noisy with that 43 year old "kid" who has all the toys, bells and whistles, and then you add in his vulgar loud friends, so I don't get a chance very often to do that. It's only 12' away from my house. So when he's gone I try to capture a few stolen moments.

    ReplyDelete