First off Fiber Friends is a group of ladies who work on fiber crafts. Most seem to crochet, and one lady does both. The meet once a month in person at a hotel here in town. I had a lovely time and even though I was only one of two knitting, things seemed to go along quite nicely. It is a good group, and I will probably attend during the nicer weather. Winter is a bit out of the question for me though.
I did have one problem though. When I left some idiot in a very large truck decided that perhaps I was so skinny I could get in my vehicle with him parked only 6" or so away from my driver's side door. Not going to happen. I was parked nicely in the center of the space so there was no need for him or her to get that close. As I wanted to get home and didn't want the hassle of going to the front desk and getting them to try and locate the driver to move his or her vehicle, I decided to use the passenger side.
Well this 70 year old body does not bend or twist like it used to and getting across from the passenger seat to the drivers did take a great deal of twisting and turning. Finally did it, backed out slowly keeping my fingers crossed that I would not scratch either vehicle, and drove home.
By the time I got into bed my legs were very sore (probably from the way I had to manipulate them) and sleep was hard to come by. When I did finally fall asleep all I could dream about was huge trucks looming over me.
I took my time doing a few tasks this morning, and then headed out to shop.
Here are some of the pictures of my groceries....However I seem to be missing the ham I actually managed to get on sale. You will also notice the grey yarn. I purchased that for the scarves I plan on weaving for Kurt and Kris as I needed something to pair with the black that could be considered a bit manly.
This final picture is the little bit I got for the pantry stock up.
Sorry that it is so blurry.
By the time I arrived back home all I can say is thank goodness Harvey was home and able to bring in all the bags. The back was in such a state that I could barely move and getting out of the vehicle was a bit difficult.
Groceries took longer than normal to put away, and I still need to package up the meat for meals that will wait until tomorrow.
I can't sit for long so I will visit who I can tonight, but will probably visit most of you tomorrow.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

No comments:
Post a Comment