Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Losing My Mind!

For someone who likes to keep a tidy house, this time of year always makes me a bit crazy. This time the harvest is coming in a bit earlier. To think we went from temperatures in the mid 80's, low 90's to 50's and 60's almost overnight! One night we even had a bad frost predicted. It didn't happen but just made us realize that it is the end of September, not the middle of July!

This is what my hall looks like right now.
















Boxes and baskets of cucumbers and hot peppers litter the hallway coming in from the front door.



The back door leads to these goodies, more cucumbers, some eggplant and the last of the green peppers.
We only picked one plant clean of tomatoes, and are busy covering the others.....
Thank heavens or I would be wondering where to put everything.
I did manage to get the onions dried and in the cold room, and the cantalope and watermelon are down there as well.
I am beginning to think I live in the produce section of the grocery store. I keep telling myself soon, soon everything will be cleaned up.

Well off to visit you all.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





















4 comments:

  1. You are going to be busy freezing, canning and baking! That's a good kind of clutter. Enjoy those healthy and delicious looking viggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my hall looked like that. All of your hard work is paying off. It's funny there are certain time of year when I'm outside much more than others. Summers are just to hot for me so it's finally cooling off so I'm looking forward in working outside.
    Take care,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a busy lady! Your vegetables look yummy though..

    Thanks for stopping by and my jam recipe is so easy ~ this was my first attempt and it is delicious!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but it's a nice problem to have, Jackie! Think of how good it's all going to taste.

    ReplyDelete